Illinois Enterprise Zone Program
The Illinois Enterprise Zone Program is designed to stimulate economic growth and neighborhood revitalization in economically depressed areas of the state through state and local tax incentives, regulatory relief and improved governmental services. Businesses located or expanding in an Illinois enterprise zone may be eligible for the following state and local tax incentives:
State Incentives and Exemptions
- Exemption on retailers’ occupation tax paid on building materials
- Expanded state sales tax exemptions on purchases of personal property used or consumed in the manufacturing process or in the operation of a pollution control facility
- An exemption on the state utility tax for electricity and natural gas
- An exemption on the Illinois Commerce Commission’s administrative charge and telecommunication excise tax
- Enterprise Zone Construction Jobs Credits: Allows eligible project owners to deduct received tax credits from their taxable income
Exemptions are available for companies that make minimum statutory investments that either create or retain a certain number of jobs. These exemptions require a business to make application to, and be certified by, the Illinois Department of Commerce.
Local Incentives and Exemptions
In addition to state incentives, each zone offers local incentives to enhance business development projects. Each zone has a designated local zone administrator responsible for compliance and is available to answer questions. To receive a Certificate of Eligibility for Sales Tax Exemption, you must contact the local zone administrator of the zone into which purchased building materials will be incorporated.
More information regarding Illinois Enterprise Zones is available by clicking on the links below:
Enterprise Zone Program, River Edge Redevelopment Zone Program and High Impact Business Program Annual Report
ENTERPRISE ZONE AMENDMENT APPLICATIONS
Enterprise Zone Boundary Expansion Applications:
Enterprise Zone Application to Add Unit Of Government:
Enterprise Zone Application to Expand, Limit Or Repeal, Incentives:
Enterprise Zone Deletion of Territory:
- Option 1 - Update coming soon
- Option 2 - Update coming soon
ENTERPRISE ZONE DESIGNATION APPLICATION
2016 NEW ENTERPRISE ZONE DESIGNATION
2015 NEW ENTERPRISE ZONE DESIGNATION
2014 NEW ENTERPRISE ZONE DESIGNATIONS
For more information on Illinois Enterprise Zones contact CEO.EZHelp@illinois.gov.
For deadlines regarding Corporate Accountability reports contact CEO.IlCorpAcct@Illinois.gov.