B2B Local Chambers
The Back to Business (B2B) Local Chambers program provides recovery grants for local chambers of commerce. Eligible local chambers of commerce are eligible to apply for $5 million in available grant funding as part of our efforts to support ongoing recovery from the negative economic impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. All applicants will receive a grant as long as they meet eligibility requirements, and submit proper documentation and attestations required by the program.
The program design for Back to Business (B2B) Local Chambers program is based on legislation which established the Local Chambers of Commerce Recovery Grants Program (20 ILCS 605/605-1105).
Applications will be accepted from January 11th, 2024 until 5:00 p.m. February 15, 2024. DCEO encourages applicants to familiarize themselves with program eligibility requirements and other program details prior to applying.
Eligibility & Program Information
|B2B Local Chambers
|Awards will range up to $50,000
|Local Chambers of Commerce (detailed eligibility requirements can be found below)
For the Back to Business (B2B) Local Chambers program an “eligible chamber of commerce" means an organization of business and professional persons dedicated to improving the economic climate and business development of the community, area, or region in which the organization is located and that:
- Operates as an approved not-for-profit corporation;
- is tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) or Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986;
- has an annual revenue of $1,000,000 or less;
- files a 990 federal tax form with the Internal Revenue Service;
- has or will have each of the following at the time of award determination:
- governance bylaws;
- financial policies and procedures; and
- a mission and vision statement; and
- has experienced an identifiable negative economic impact resulting from or exacerbated by the public health emergency or served a community disproportionately impacted by a public health emergency.
Additional Program Information
DCEO will be hosting a statewide information kick-off session on the date below via WebEx
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Thursday, January 18, 2024
View the recording
For assistance with your application please contact:
Partnership with Allies for Community Business
DCEO has selected Allies for Community Business as program administrator to help process a high volume of applications in a timely manner. Allies for Community Business will host the application, support with application review, and provide technical assistance and support on application and portal questions.