Energy Transition Workforce Commission
The Energy Transition Workforce Commission was created by the Climate and Equitable Jobs Act (Public Act 102-0662) Commission shall produce an Energy Transition Workforce Report regarding the anticipated impact of the energy transition and a comprehensive set of recommendations to address changes to the Illinois workforce during the period of 2020 through 2050. The Commission consists of members that represent business, labor, environmental justice, and the regional administrators of the workforce programs developed by CEJA, as well as leadership from state executive agencies.
The Energy Transition Workforce Report shall consist of information on the impact on current workers, including:
- an accounting of all employees who currently work in fossil fuel energy generation, nuclear energy generation, and coal mining in the State;
- the anticipated schedule of closures of power plants and coal mines across the State; and
- an estimate of worker impacts due to scheduled closures.
The report shall also include information regarding the impact on communities and local governments, including:
- changes in the revenue for units of local government in areas that have had or are facing a closure;
- environmental impacts in those areas due to closures; and
- the economic impacts of the energy transition.
View the list of all appointees to the Energy Transition Workforce Commission.
On December 8, 2022, the Energy Transition Workforce Commission voted to approve the Energy Transition Workforce Commission Phase I Report, summarizing preliminary findings. The commission is committed to continuing its work in 2023 and producing a Phase II report toward the end of the year.
Energy Transition Workforce Commission meetings are open to the public. See the full anticipated schedule of meetings below. Meeting agendas will be posted here prior to the meetings. Meeting minutes will be posted here as they are approved by the task force.
For each meeting conducted via videoconference, you may find a link to the meeting as well as call-in information at the top of the agenda for that meeting posted below.
|Next Meeting||Future Meetings|
December 6, 2023 11:00 AM
|To be determined|
December 8, 2022 11:00AM - 1:00PM
Location: Discovery Partners Institute and Zoom, link and call-in info included in agenda document.