Publications & Business Guides
Below is a collection of helpful guides that offer information on starting and managing a business. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these guides. You may also receive a free copy of some of the guides by calling theFirst Stop Business Information Center at 800-252-2923 or Send Us an Email.
First Stop Business Information Center's searchable inventory of business requirements and resources.
Starting Your Business in Illinois
Small Business Administration Resource Guide
- Small Business Administration Resource Guide (SBA Resource Guide)
- The Plan: A Step-By-Step Business Plan Workbook
- The Plan: A Step-By-Step Business Plan Workbook (PDF English / Spanish)
- Business Feasibility Checklist - Business Feasibility Checklist
Grant Proposal Writing
This guide offers step-by-step instruction on how to create a winning grant proposal.
- Proposal Writing - The Basic Steps in Planning and Writing (PDF English)
Assessing Your Business
Buying & Selling
These three guides offered by the Illinois Attorney General's Franchise Bureau are designed to assist franchisors in selling franchises in Illinois and as well as to help prospective franchisees buy a franchise.
This guide offers tips on how to break into the retail market.
- Retail Profile (PDF English)
This free guide provides budding restaurateurs with resources to assist in the start-up process and support to existing restaurant owners.
As the wine industry in Illinois continues to grow each year, the First Stop Business Information Center is making it easier for new and existing wineries to flourish. Included in this comprehensive guide are up-to-date industry facts, market and sales data as well as a business plan workbook created specifically for wineries. Cheers!
- Winery Startup Profile (PDF English)