Upcoming Grant Trainings
Live Trainings offered by DCEO’s Office of Accountability
Curious about the grant lifecycle or wanting to learn more about the different facets of grants? Have a grant-related question that you would like answered in real time? DCEO is pleased to offer three training options for current and potential grantees:
Interested in participating in a training session?
Virtual Office Hour Q & A - Tuesdays at 2pm:
Join for a virtual question and answer session via Webex in which potential and current Grantees may attend to ask questions and seek assistance. Technical Support Managers will be online to field questions, demonstrate steps, or provide instructions as needed to assist entities and individuals with the grant process.
Pre-Qualification Training – 1st Wednesday of the month 9AM:
This slide presentation will cover Pre-Qualification requirements. Pre-qualification is required of all grantees with the State of Illinois and must be maintained throughout a grant program. To be in pre-qualified status means that all required registrations have been met and an entity is in good standing and able to conduct business with the State of Illinois. Join DCEO’s Technical Support Team as we explain each step in the pre-qualification process and how to get started.
Various topics Training – 3rd Wednesday of the month 9AM:
This slide presentation will discuss important grant-related topics pertaining to grant management. Each month we will discuss a different component, process, or emerging practice that can benefit potential and existing grantees. Future topics offerings include:
- 2/21/24 Financial Management: This training will cover the financial aspects of the Grant process. We will introduce the Uniform Budget Template, procurement policies, reporting requirements, and proper supporting documentation.
- 3/20/24 Grantee Compliance: This training will introduce the Grantee Compliance Enforcement System and the requirements set forth in the 2 CFR 200, Grant Agreement, and Disclosures.
- 4/17/24 Audit and Monitoring: This training will introduce grantees to the different Audit types, requirements, and the importance of record retention.
- 5/15/24 Writing a Grant Application: This training will explain how to complete application documents, how to read a Notice of Funding Opportunity, and how to submit the application package for review.
- 6/19/24 Capital Grants: This training will explain what a capital grant is, requirements and eligibility for capital grants, application documents, and an overview of the grant lifecycle.
- 7/17/24 Indirect Cost Rates: This training will introduce potential and current Grantees to the Indirect Cost Rate system, the different types of elections and requirements, and the roles and responsibilities of stakeholders through the review process.